Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Selection List Break Up

2010-12-02 16:02:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Selection List Break Up
From: Ben Mealey <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:05:49 -0500
[quote="Chapman, Scott"]Canâ??t you just do /home/*? This will kick off a
separate backp for every file and directory in /homeâ?¦ but you can limit the
jobs per policy to 3, and that would only allow three active jobs at a timeâ?¦
Just a thought.

Scott - that's a good choice if there are not "too many" items under /home/*

In my case, I need to run the backups in "pieces" on different days to avoid a
slew of 196 errors because some of the child jobs don't run in the available
window.

Using the wild card also greatly increases the number of emails that are sent
out - does anybody have a fix or workaround for that, other than discontinuing
the email notification ?

As always, appreciate any feedback.

Ben Mealey