Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] how to fix a vss writer

2010-12-02 03:43:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] how to fix a vss writer
From: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:13:21 +0530
Judy,

Please provide the below details to proceed further:

- Operating System on which Exchange 2010 is installed.
- Which VSS writer is failing and please paste error while running "vssadmin list writers" command

Also please check the following

For quick workaround, try disabling the Local Continuous protection on the storage groups if running.
With LCP running sometimes backups do fail. And backup is more important than LCP in my view.

Regards,

Saranjit Singh Brar