Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging to tape

2010-11-19 00:39:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging to tape
From: Todd Jackxon <netbackup.info AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:39:10 -0500
Hello

I am working on a plan to backup clients to disk and later stage these off to tape.
Can anyone elaborate how this is being done from your end?

Basic Idea:

Backups occur daily to disk and the business would like to stage these to tape twice a week.

Creating a Life Cycle policy I can run a backup job and a duplication job to tape but there is no
way to schedule this to tape on certain days. Just the ability to run a duplication job.

Within a normal policy you can run an inline copy to run concurrently (up to 4 storage units) but this
appears to be backups running at the same time.

How can I combine these methods (or use another method) to run my life cycle policy backup and then
stage these to tape on a Tuesday and Thursday? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack