Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Right product

2010-11-15 22:11:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Right product
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:11:16 +1100
Simon

The SAN Media Server is now called Enterprise Client. Just like the
old SAN Media Server, it can back itself up to the SAN, but no other
clients. The tier is based on CPU type/number, as Johathon and Ed
mentioned.

And yes, SSO is still seperate - licensed per shared tape drive.

(I have been working with NBU for 10 years now, and have *always* had
to advise Veritas/Symantec sales people on how their own licensing
scheme works. I guess some things never change)

Cheers
Dean