Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup training

2010-11-15 10:50:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup training
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:49:12 -0600
I've been working through the web-based NBU 7.0 training (to fill in the blanks before my cert exam).  There's not much in there that doesn't also apply to 6.5.  By the time a new admin will get to the advanced features of 7.0, you'll be there anyway.

BTW, unless you really don't like your new hire, don't subject him to the web-based self-study Symantec course.  That course needs to be yanked from the curriculum - it's absolutely horrible.  It consists of an "English as a second language" speaker reading into a teleprompter with slides you can't read unless you've got a >22' monitor at 1024x768 resolution.

   .../Ed