Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] expiring images

2010-11-11 12:54:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] expiring images
From: Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:54:02 -0600

I just checked my email logs from the media_deassign_notify script. (I need to label expired VTL tapes.) It appears they come out at random times at least once a day.

The support site also states that nbpem will run the deassignempty every 24 hours -- it ain't on the dot. Or if nbpem finishes its "cycle" it will run deassignempty also.

        Bryan

ps.  Sorry, my earlier reply got stomped on by our email system...

A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/10/2010 07:05 PM

Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:08:35PM +0000, judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com wrote:
> bpexpdate -deassignempty was the command I was looking for.  Took care
> of all the tapes that needed to be expired (30 of them) will see if
> tomorrow I have the same issue.

Yes, deassignempty doesn't appear to run with the cleanup.  I've never
found exactly when it runs, but it seems to happen asynchronously, at
least once a day.

--
Darren

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.