Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is Netbackup SQL Server Agent required to use Netbackup to backup SAP SQL Server databases using DB13-scheduled backups ??

2010-11-09 15:47:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is Netbackup SQL Server Agent required to use Netbackup to backup SAP SQL Server databases using DB13-scheduled backups ??
From: "Scheef Jr, Ed E." <CXScheef AT tecoenergy DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:47:30 -0500

Folks,

We’ll be converting soon form SAP with Oracle using a Netbackup Oracle agent to interface with SAP to perform

backups scheduled with DB13.  We are going to SQL Server with SAP instead.

  My question is this:    Do we need the Netbackup SQL Server agent to interface with SAP running SQL Server backups

 using Netbackup from DB13 scheduled backups, or if not, how is the SAP SQL server to Netbackup interface established

 without the Netbackup SQL Server Agent ??

Thanks for the info,

Ed Scheef

Tampa Electric Company

cxscheef AT tecoenergy DOT com

NOTICE: This email is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. Although we take precautions to protect against viruses, we advise you to take your own precautions to protect against viruses as we accept no liability for any which remain.