Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU image expiration in 6.5.6

2010-10-28 18:20:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU image expiration in 6.5.6
From: bruceephx <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:20:18 -0400
We have recently retried using DSSUs since we have some new very high speed
storage.  In the past we were doing D-D-T using Backups due to staging
performance.

After an image is duplicated from the DSSU to tape, the images are being
deleted even though the retention is set to two weeks.  I read TECH66149, but
it talks about the High and Low water marks.  The images on disk are not
getting anywhere to the High Water mark but the images on disk are getting
deleted anyways.

Any ideas what I can do to keep more images on disk to speed restores
[Question]

Thanks in advance.