Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Centos/Linux Client Install.

2010-10-28 09:43:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Centos/Linux Client Install.
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Ulises Rodriguez <ulises.rodriguez AT wallst DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:32:19 -0500
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Ulises Rodriguez <ulises.rodriguez AT wallst DOT com> wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an RPM 32x,64x client install for Linux/Centos?

Not yet.  Symantec has been talking for a while about native packaging for the client kits but they're not available yet.

I would expect that sometime before the next major release we'll see native packaging for at least Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX but nothing has been announced.

You will most definitely not see a 32-bit RPM since 32-bit kernels for Linux are no longer supported by 7.0 clients.

If I remember correctly, there have been postings to this list from people who have built their own RPMs based on the Symantec-provided kits and you can search the archives.  It's probably not that hard - generate a tarball from NetBackup (e.g. push it out to a dummy client and add a post-install script to do the actual install.  A good RPM guide book will help.

   .../Ed