Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating using bpduplicate gives a smaller size

2010-10-27 05:57:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating using bpduplicate gives a smaller size
From: Tamimi <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 05:56:45 -0400
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the replay

I am using the command bpimagelist -L -backupid image_id. The image has been
duplicated 2 times, the last one is for part of the conversion to LTO4. When I
did the command I could see the in the field "Kilobytes" there is the size.

For my case copy 1 and copy 2 have the same size but the copy 3 is slightly
smaller. We are doing lt of conversion, and not all image on the copy 3 has the
different size, some of them are the same.

I see the pattern, if all the MPX (multiplex?) are the same then the size are
same, but if the copy 3 has different MPX then the size is different. Usually
Copy 1 and Copy2 MPX value is1 and Copy 3 is 0

It is a bit too much if we need to restore the image since we have hundreds of
images to duplicate. Is there any easy way to prove it is OK?

Thanks,

Iwan