Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting a handle on vault eject info

2010-10-22 16:10:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting a handle on vault eject info
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Nate Sanders" <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:10:09 -0400
I don't know how you're doing vaulting but here we find many things
(large MS-SQL databases especially) take a long time to vault so often
are abandoned and not actually vaulted when our NOC stops duplication to
do the vaulting reports to prepare for offsite storage.   Typically we
end up running extra vaulting sessions (i.e. not normally scheduled) to
catch up with duplications.

It may be that what you're seeing is due to a changed process or
efficiency that is now doing duplications that formerly weren't
completing.