Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client

2010-10-20 13:17:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:17:01 -0400
Tanuja,

Here is what was done to enable us to perform the restores (BTW, we are running
6.5.6):

<snip>
This is what I had to do to restore files from netbackup to a client that is
San client enabled. (Which Symantec needs to fix)

1. Log onto the San client and stop the nbclient process.
2. Modify the bp.conf file where SANCLIENT = 1 to 0
3. Delete the San client from the San client selection in the Devices section
of Netbackup.
4. Next ssh into the master server and run this command
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd ?listhosts
5. Locate the client and run this command
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename
(machinename) -machinetype client
6. You should be able to run your restore now.

You will need to reactivate the san client after you are finish. You should not
need to add it back to the emm database or in the Devices section.
</snip>