Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client

2010-10-14 17:51:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:51:00 -0400
Been working on a few boxes that are backed up via NetBackup. They are SAN
Client (clients) and we are finding that we are unable to restore anything for
these boxes.

Master/Media servers are all Solaris 10 boxes.
We cover the entire spectrum of client hardware & O/S's (almost 2,000 backup
clients).

All we want to do is restore some files that the customer needs restored. The
two SAN Clients that we are trying to restore files on are both Solaris boxes.
And just so you know, we've tried a test on a Linux box and it doesn't work
there either.

We do have a CASE Open with Symantec, but it appears that this is a real issue
that needs a patch to fix.

Anybody here run into this problem???

Thanks,
Dennis