Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU7 system state backup errors

2010-10-14 16:17:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU7 system state backup errors
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>, 'Veritas' <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:16:55 +0000

Hello Doug,

We have been working on a similar issue. Our failure was with the system files.

We hooked up a usb drive to the blade server and ran the following command. The wbadmin command will only accept a volume for the output when doing the systemstatebackup backup function. Wbadmin is the built in backup support for windows 7/2008 product.

wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backupTarget:e:

This reported the exact error to us. In our case it was an dll file in the winsxs directory with an crc error.

Let us know what you find.

len