Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade to NBU 6.5.6 and SSO

2010-10-13 22:27:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to NBU 6.5.6 and SSO
From: PaulG <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:59:39 -0400
Hi,

I just finished upgrading/rearchitecting our backup solution to the following:
1 Master\media server on Solaris 10
4 media servers on RHat 2.6
1 IBM 3584 with 25 drives.
The setup has the drives shared between all the servers and the master owning
robot control.
we had 5 Netbackup enterprise server licenses prior to this upgrade and we
purchased 25 SSO licenses as part of it.
I have all the servers up and the library configured and am able to see all the
drives from all the servers.
I can run backups successfully from the master\media server, but when I try
running a job against a specific media server I get either error 159 Licensed
capacity exceeded or error 11 system call failed...

any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Do I need to have unique license keys on each media server?
Do I need to have all the license keys registered on all the servers or just
the master??

Thanks
Paul