Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Setting up FT on SAN attached /usr/openv

2010-10-06 15:49:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Setting up FT on SAN attached /usr/openv
From: Bahadir Kiziltan <bahadir.kiziltan AT gmail DOT com>
To: Heathe Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:49:06 +0300
Hi Heathe,

First, you need to have at least one supported Qlogic HBA in order to configure FT media server.
You can't/won't use that one as initiator due to the fact that it has to be marked as target by NetBackup.
During FT media server configuration NetBackup needs to temporarily unload qla2xxx module which causes to lose SAN connectivity

So, it's not clear what HBA (brand/model) you have.

Bahadir.