Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Client install blows up during the install....

2010-09-24 18:59:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Client install blows up during the install....
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:58:19 -0500
I had this happen with a W2K system that had some corruption in its WMI config.

I wiped out the WMI registry on the system, rebooted and then the install went smoothly.

Evidence for this was found looking around the log files. I don't recall the exact steps I needed to do, but can look for my notes.

We don't have any W2K systems to worry about any longer.