Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy

2010-09-23 12:23:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy
From: "THELEN, ROBERT M (ATTSI)" <rt5945 AT att DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:23:43 -0500
IN order to do that quickest, you would want to have a media server or
two that is configured to see both 9940 and LTO4 drives.  Then, setup
those media servers to read and write to the itself and let it run.

If you use one media to read 9940 media and then duplicate to another
media server with LTO4 drives, then the data will travel the network.
You do not want this to happen.  This will cause the duplications to
take a very very very long time to complete.

-Rob Thelen.