Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle hot backup with yearly retention: redo logs?

2010-09-22 22:37:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle hot backup with yearly retention: redo logs?
From: robmod <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:13:32 -0400
Hello everybody,
we have many oracle instances in archivelog mode. We keep archivelogs for 30
days.
Now we have to backup some oracle instance only with full hot backups with long
retention (up to 3 years). As oracle man says redo logs are needed for restore,
so we have to change the retention of the archivelogs created during long
retention hot backup.
How would you backup oracle in this way?