Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter

2010-09-01 10:07:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter
From: Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
To: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:07:25 -0500

Nate,

    It is possible. I currently have OpsCenter (Windows 2008 64 bit) monitoring 6.5 Master servers. However, it does involve installing 6.5 media server in order to use the media server binaries to communicate with the master. I had Support help me in the install, I don't think I could do it from scratch myself again. You may want to open a case to get the right instructions.

   Also, to configure the ports to use, run INSTALL_PATH\Symantec\OpsCenter\gui\bin\goodies\configurePorts.cmd

    Bryan

Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

09/01/2010 08:43 AM

"judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com" <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
cc
"Sanders, Nate" <sandersn AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter

A 6.5 Master works with 7.0 OpsCenter using an Agent. That's what I am
trying to find, along with information on how to change the default port
for the OpsCenter app.

--
Nate Sanders            Digital Motorworks
System Administrator      (512) 692 - 1038

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.