Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question for NetBackup 7.0 Dedup user OR Data Domain users

2010-08-24 18:20:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question for NetBackup 7.0 Dedup user OR Data Domain users
From: NoSpam4Chris <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:37:27 -0400
To give some background to our environment.   We have about 375 clients, mostly
Windows with some UNIX/Linux thrown in.  About half of the clients are VMs.
Currently they are backed up as if they were physical machines, but we are
looking to move towards using the vStorage API to do VM backups.  Several
Exchange, SQL, and Oracle machines.  About 55TB of total front in data around
500-525TB per month data backed up.