Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] destaging to multiple destinations

2010-08-11 16:41:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] destaging to multiple destinations
From: Marion Hakanson <hakansom AT ohsu DOT edu>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:41:09 -0700
spaldam via netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com said:
> It doesn't allow you to do it because you probably aren't licensed for it.

Well, it doesn't do it because Basic Disk doesn't support destaging to
multiple destinations w/multiple retentions, even though the docs say
you can.  No amount of licensing will change that.

> Shell out that $50k for in-line copy capabilities, and then you'll likely be
> able to do it.

Oh, we have in-line copy, we just don't have Advanced Disk and SLP's,
which is what they want $50k for.  As I said, Not Going to Happen.
Our customers cannot afford any of the capacity-based licensing options,
and that's before any of those next-generation gene sequencers start
putting out 2TB/week of data later this year.

Regards,

Marion