Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with Restoring from Tape without having BAR CODE

2010-08-10 00:41:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with Restoring from Tape without having BAR CODE
From: Saugata <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:41:44 -0400
I completely understand that, and we found a way out already, for all new TAPE
without having bar code, We are generating bar code online and adding those to
all new tapes. So that we can resolve the issue with any new tapes.

But we still have problem with old ones those already used for backup, and now
those are in vault, if there was a requirement for the old data, then we will
be in deep sh*t.

Any how we have to mount it on the drive and prepare for restore with old media
id.

Thanks
Saugata