Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] windows 2008 cluster backups

2010-08-09 15:05:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] windows 2008 cluster backups
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:05:32 +0000
Need a little info from a windows person on cluster backups.

With 2003 if we did a cluster backup you did

Physical-1 - C:\ and System state

Physical-2 - C:\ and System State

Virtual-3 - All resources that belong to the virtual
And maybe a Virtual-4 and all of its resources.

Now with 2008 - while I was on PTO someone else put in a new clustered server
for backups, but did not follow the above method.

Instead they did

Physical-1 - All Local Drives
Physical-2 - All Local Drives

-------

Now the part that surprised me is that
Physical-1 got all the Resources plus the C and SS

And Physical-2 just go the C and SS

My question -
Is it still (for 2008 servers) correct to set up a clustered server backup
getting both the physical and virtual server names.
Or does it work correctly just doing all local drives on the physical names?