Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding new tapes to NBU 6.5.4 master

2010-07-23 15:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding new tapes to NBU 6.5.4 master
From: "DRAKE, MICHAEL (ATTCINW)" <md6270 AT att DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:26:35 -0500

I am so used to recycling used tapes that I have finally forgotten about adding new tapes into a NBU environment.

I have a script I wrote that updates the robotic inventory but I want to be sure the NBU system recognizes the new tape volumes.  So when I added new tapes I used the recommended way of robotic inventory via the GUI.  That should be all I need to do, right?

Also, if I remember how NBU works correctly, it will not use the new volumes until the old ones are used, right?

Mike Drake

Storage Administrator

EMC Proven Professional

404-303-5008 desk