Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ISSUES running NBU over VIP

2010-07-23 10:43:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ISSUES running NBU over VIP
From: Kevin Holtz <klh1456 AT gmail DOT com>
To: JC Cheney <joseph_cheney AT symantec DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:43:43 -0500

According the released documentation I believe this still to be true, if not please let me know.  The assumption is this is an existing master server you are attempting to cluster.  If not please explain.

Changing the master server host name is not a trivial task.  Media server connectivity is only the beginning when changing the core component "brain" who has the host name stored in the catalog, and configuration files.   See the following documents for Symantec recommendations.  I'd suggest looking to your VAR or Symantec for scheduling services to accomplish this.

NetBackup high availability administration guide:

 ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/340139.pdf

About NetBackup with clustering solutions limitations

The following general limitations exist for NetBackup in a cluster:

 NetBackup does not support the conversion of an existing non-failover

NetBackup server to a failover NetBackup server. Contact Symantec Enterprise

technical support .

 All NetBackup nodes within a cluster must be of the same server type and

version.

 NetBackup is not supported as an active/active application in a cluster.

 NetBackup Server is only supported with Microsoft Cluster Server and Veritas

Cluster Server for Windows.

PureDisk:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345829.htm