Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "Maintenance Mode"

2010-07-15 12:24:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "Maintenance Mode"
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:24:27 -0600
The company that bought us is all about pie charts.  Gotta keep the pie
charts looking good so gotta keep errors from being recorded.

In the past, if a client was down due to maintenance during a backup, I
just closed the ticket.  Using DP on their side, they've got a method to
put a backup client into "maintenance mode" before the backup and take
it out after.

Yesterday I tried setting "max jobs per client" to zero for a client but
that didn't work.  "0" in max jobs means "not defined", not "zero".

The only way I can think is to either: make one policy per client and
deactivate the policy - which I don't want to do, or write a script to
pull the client from its policies and then add it back in 24 hours with
an "at" job.  Not impossible, just kludgy.

Any other ideas?

-M

Mark Donaldson - Systems & Storage Administrator
Staples - Broomfield, CO
pager: 3034354766 AT cingularme DOT com
(o) 303-664-2040
(c) 303-435-4766