Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library

2010-07-13 15:57:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library
From: Brandon35 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:56:54 -0400
We can fit in the window fine. Our infrastructure, while terrible, isn't that
bad haha.

What I'm trying to do is save backup time. So instead of this policy soaking up
a two drives (one on the VTL, and the other on the physical tape library) I
want the policy to backup ONLY to the VTL during the night. And then the next
day, I want netbackup to make a copy of that VTL backup image to tape since
nothing is using the tape library during the day.