Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fibre Transport HBAs

2010-07-12 17:21:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fibre Transport HBAs
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:21:03 +0200
At the FT Media Server you must use the specified QLogic HBAs and no other.  At
the moment that is the 2Gb and 4Gb HBAs, no support that I have seen for 8Gb
HBAs.  Also no support for ones on mezzanine cards or other packaging, like the
Sun blade server modules.

We use the Sun branded Qlogic HBAs.

Device  Bus Type
SG-XPCI1FC-QF2  PCI-X   Sun StorEdge 2 Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X Single Port
Host Bus Adapter
SG-XPCI2FC-QF2  PCI-X   Sun StorEdge 2 Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X Dual Port Host
Bus Adapter
SG-XPCI1FC-QF4  PCI-X   Sun StorageTek 4Gb FC PCI-X Single-Port Host Bus
Adapter, QLogic
SG-XPCI2FC-QF4  PCI-X   Sun StorageTek 4Gb FC PCI-X Dual-Port Host Bus Adapter,
QLogic
SG-XPCIE1FC-QF4 PCIe    Sun StorageTek 4Gb FC PCIe Single-Port Host Bus
Adapter, QLogic
SG-XPCIE2FC-QF4 PCIe    Sun StorageTek 4Gb FC PCIe Dual-Port Host Bus Adapter,
QLogic

At the SAN Client they don't seem to care what you use.  We use whatever our
servers support, so is Emulex or Qlogic.  All we insist is that we don't share
a port with disks or real tapes, have a dedicated port for SAN Client.

William D L Brown