Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-09 04:40:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: <Hans-Peter.Wirth AT lvr DOT de>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:40:29 +0200

Hello,

even we have no experience in NBU7, I think the behavior is similar as in NBU 6.5 – the thing is the FC-ID. In this FC-ID the Domain-ID of the Switch is encoded, so the change you made resulted in different FC-IDs.

On an AIX System those IDs are used. It was possible to delete the drives in NetBackup and to delete the device, but not create new devices. We simply had stop NetBackup on that machine, then we were able to delete and rescan the drives on the OS. After a new Start of NetBackup we were able to create the drives again.

Good luck,

Hans-Peter