Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Copy ???////?/

2010-07-08 12:11:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Copy ???////?/
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, "pranav batra" <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>, "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:10:48 -0400

If you enable compression after x number of days on a windows master then NetBackup compresses the catalog entries using NTFS compression after x days. (as opposed to gziping on Unix/Linux.) I didn’t really get anything working.  I just compress everything for my “warm” DR (robo)copy. Basically, I do it to save space on the DR end.

-Jonathan