Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0 on AIX

2010-07-07 07:31:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0 on AIX
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 07:27:47 -0400
Judy,

I am curious as to what our differences may be, in regard why I am experiencing this issue and you are not.  It happened again over the weekend, and I was able to determine that it happens every 28 days, provided that I leave NBU up that long (which I normally do).  I was wondering if you stop and start NBU at shorter intervals.

Naturally, I uploaded my obligatory 182MB of logs to support, and turned off logging (yeah!).  I will keep everybody posted as to the results of the case.

I did notice, on a side note, that a vmquery is still running when this happens.  Murphy's law dictates that it happens very early on Sunday mornings, when my thinking isn't quite as sharp.  If I have to stretch this out for one more iteration, I am going to write a checklist of things to look at before I perform my restart.

Scott