Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Allow Multiple Data Streams creating thousands of jobs!

2010-06-25 15:24:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Allow Multiple Data Streams creating thousands of jobs!
From: Brandon35 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:24:22 -0400
I have a policy with Allow Multiple Data Streams enabled.

It's backup selection is about 15 directories (SAN attached). e.g.
C:\dir1\*
C:\dir2\*
C:\dir3\*
C:\dir4\*
..

I have "Limit jobs per policy" set to 6, so I figured NBU would only allow 6 at
a time. But it tries to create thousands (a job for each sub-directory of my
backup selection).

My goal was to keep 6 streams rolling off my storage array. How come Limit jobs
per Policy isn't working?