Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Fulls fail w/error 99

2010-06-24 10:45:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Fulls fail w/error 99
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <mcmorran AT mdibl DOT org>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:44:29 +0000
Thank you for the credit.
I feel I should give you some background as to why I knew.

I have been fighting the 233 with core dumps for about 2 years now.  And yes I
have been working with Symantec.  I have a dedicated person and group of
people.  Mine do not happen all the time.  I might get 3 days in a row and then
nothing for months.  Some times 3 servers, sometimes just one server  (funny
thing is ONLY on my unix servers).  One of the issues is 233 - is used as a
kind of generic error code.

Every time it would happen I would send up tons of files up to them.  I even
have a special binary install to capture more info for them.

I am planning my 7.x upgrade and in reading I saw they had a 233 patch for 7.0
- that looks just like my problem.  So when I upgrade I am doing the 233 patch
just because I WANT IT.  ( I have not heard from Symantec on a patch for 6.5.x)

Glad it helped you.