Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Exec & NetBackup Combination

2010-06-17 07:53:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Exec & NetBackup Combination
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:50:45 +0700

Dear Ed Wilts & Ulises Rodriguez,

Thank you for supporting me.

And now I got confused with the steps needed to import the Backup Exec image from NetBackup.

After googling around, I found some steps needed to do that.

Someone says the steps are:

1. Put tapes in library and run inventory

2. Run vmphyinv.exe -rn 0 -ml media_id:<tape_id> -h <server>

3. Ran vmchange –m <tapeid> –barcode <barcode>

4. Used wizard to do phase 1 import

But there's someone says the steps of no. 2 & 3 in different sequence:

1. Put tapes in library and run inventory

2. Ran vmchange –m <tapeid> –barcode <barcode>

3. Run vmphyinv.exe -rn 0 -ml media_id:<tape_id> -h <server>

4. Used wizard to do phase 1 import

Which one is correct?

Since there are many parameters provided, and it confused me, please give me some clues about the use of command 'vmphyinv' and 'vmchange'?

--

Many thanks,

 Adrian