Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7 with HP MSL8096 infrastructure

2010-06-16 10:31:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7 with HP MSL8096 infrastructure
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:30:08 +0000
Won't give you complete solution, but will give you some tips.

Has you already have LTO2 tape -first make note of what Maida Type you have
them setup as.

When you set up new library in NB
The LTO4 tape drive needs to be setup as the same Media Type as your LTO2 tapes
- this way NB will know that it can mount an LTO2 tape in it.

When you setup your LTO5 drives - do not use the same media type, set them up
with a different type.
Issue here is that LTO2's were known as HCART2 ,  LTO4's as HCART which would
put LTO5's at HCART2 -
But it is just a tag so you may have to use HCART3 for the LTO5 drives.
Then setup your barcode rules to bring the LTO5 tapes in as HCART3, you should
already have a rule for your

You just have to make sure in NB the LTO2 and LTO5 tapes have a different media
type, and that type matches the type of for the correct tape drive.