Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0 media server upgrade problem

2010-06-09 10:00:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0 media server upgrade problem
From: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:00:20 -0700
Issue resolved.  Even with deleting all drives and robots on master sever and
media servers, then recreating them I still had the issues.  Symantec support
had test connectivity and it all seemed to be fine.  He then had me run
tpautoconf -a on the failing media server and it started working.  All my
backups performed well last night. Now I need to figure out how to get the same
reports from bperror in 7.0 that I was getting in 6.x

bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24 -by_statcode
this use to give me a list of servers that get backup broken down by result
code.  Now all it gives me is the master server.  If I use -hoursago 72 I get a
report for the backups performed pre 7.0 upgrade.

Same problem with this command bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24

Doug Preston