Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] isilon backup accelerator

2010-06-07 02:43:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] isilon backup accelerator
From: mitch808 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:43:02 -0400
I've run into a customer or two that has.  It works, to say the least.

However a better way, and cheaper way would be to just do a synthetic backup
(ideally with dedupe) of the CIFS/NFS shares themselves.

You dont have to buy the expensive accelerator head, you eliminate NDMP
licenses, and you now are future proofing yourself on restores by backing up
the raw shares, and not using NDMP with a proprietary data format.