Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] restore not starting

2010-06-04 13:54:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] restore not starting
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Hudson, Steve" <Steve.Hudson AT ironmountain DOT com>, "Victor Engle" <victor.engle AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:54:25 -0400
As an FYI:

I ran into this once on doing a restore of a job that had multiple streams one
of which died.  On trying to restart just the dead stream it failed because the
media was still reserved by the original restore job even though it wasn't
actually using it.  The only way to have cleared that would have been to stop
the entire job (which had the still running other streams).  I opted to wait
until those streams finished and the original job freed the resource.