Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BPCD service gets stopped automatically.

2010-05-10 13:29:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BPCD service gets stopped automatically.
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "pranav batra" <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>, "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:28:55 -0400

If it is a “client” why aren’t you running it in inetd or xinetd?

Maybe you are and don’t understand the purpose of inetd/xinetd is to “listen” for the port and start the process only when there is a request to actually do something from the master?   Maybe inetd/xinetd is interfering with command line run.

Did you mean media server instead of client?

What happens if you try “telnet thor2 13782” from your NetBackup master server?