Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape

2010-04-29 17:56:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape
From: Feroz Basir <feroz.basir AT gmail DOT com>
To: judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:55:39 +0100
Hi,

I'm not using multiplexing. I just want to use multistream for 1
backup job. Basically just 1 backup image. This backup uses 2 tapes,
one after another. I want to speed my backup, hence I want to try
multi-stream. At the moment bpduplicate uses 1 tape after another on 2
drives. I wonder if multi-stream uses the same format here. Anyone
ever experience this?

Thanks.

On 29 April 2010 22:00,  <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com> wrote:
> Multiplexed duplications can be created by using the -mpx option. Refer to
> the discussion of the -mpx option for more information.
>
> You have an option to keep the multiplexing or not.
> If you do not, then it reads the tape once for each image....
>
> If you keep multiplexing it should just read the tape once and make the new
> one just like the old one.

regards,
Feroz Basir
http://www.hypertechosting.com
Reliable Web Hosting At Competitive Price
Web Design - Email Solution - PC Repair - IT Consultation - Ecommerce
Solution - Domain Registration