Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] get back data from tape if fragment 1 deleted

2010-04-19 12:52:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] get back data from tape if fragment 1 deleted
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>, "Markus, Istvan" <istvan.markus AT hp DOT com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:52:02 -0400
Netbackup supplies a modified copy of tar with the netbackup client. You can
even download the source code from the netbckup support web site. The source
changes include the support for multiplexed tapes.

I suspect that you still will not be able to read the tape with this version of
tar as the being of the tar file would be missing. With a lot of work you might
be able to use the tar source as a base to read the data and lay it down to
disk.

len