Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?

2010-04-08 13:55:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:55:07 +0000
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 02:05:35PM -0400, BeDour, Wayne wrote:

> That makes sense about splitting the vtl drives up between media
> servers, but I'm still confused about the robot.  If robot is only
> defined on one media server, how does that work for the other media
> servers?

The robot is defined in the EMM, and all media servers see the EMM.
Only one machine has to talk to the robot (the robot control host).

So when a tape is needed in a drive, the robot control host can handle
the move, and then the media server can talk to the drive.

> They don't need a robot configured with a vtl?  Does the robot
> need to be configured on the master and not a media server?

The robot needs to be visible by at least one server (either the master
or a media server).

--
Darren