Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?

2010-04-07 09:36:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "David Magda" <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:35:39 -0400
Not quite like that.

You can create an exclude list with policy name in /usr/openv/netbackup
on target to tell that policy what to exclude though.

For example when we backup of OS files of a server we create a policy
name indicative of that such as:  BARNEY-OS
On server, barney, in /usr/openv/netbackup we create a file called
exclude_list.BARNEY-OS that contains:
/dev/odm
/cdrom
core
/tmp/*
/database
/oracle

That will exclude those items from the backup.  You could be as specific
as you want.