Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?

2010-04-01 15:34:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:34:23 -0400
Wayne - just create more virtual drives on the VTL and assign them to the new
media server.
I have 3 media servers with 5 drives on each assigned to a VTL, 15 separate
virtual drives, not SSO.
Your limiting factor will be the TAN (switches/fabric/HBA) and on the VTL the
memory and cpu needed to handle the simultaneous backups onto the VTL.