Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSS Directory Name To Be Excluded From Antivirus Scanner

2010-03-30 23:57:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSS Directory Name To Be Excluded From Antivirus Scanner
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:55:47 +0700
Dear all,

What is the common directory name that was created by NetBackup when we
use VSS as the snapshot provider in Windows 2008 client?
I need to exclude that directory from Antivirus scanner.
I've read the documentation from NetBackup, but it just gives the
directory name when we use VSP as the snapshot provider.
>From my understanding, Windows 2008 client forces the NetBackup agent to
use VSS for Windows Open File Backup, eventhough we use VSP as the
snapshot provider, doesn't it?
That's why I want to use VSS instead of VSP, and now I was wondering
what the name of the hidden directory created by VSS is?
Is it the same directory name that's created when we use VSP?
Also, will that directory be deleted after the backup job has been
finished?

Thank you for your help.

--
Best Regards,