Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can NBU 6.5 database be imported into NBU 7 / Upgrade with fresh O/S & NBU install steps

2010-03-24 09:20:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can NBU 6.5 database be imported into NBU 7 / Upgrade with fresh O/S & NBU install steps
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Glen Vassileff" <Glen.Vassileff AT Sun DOT COM>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:20:18 -0400
Are you going to Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2008? If you are going to
Windows 2008 R2 you need to upgrade to 6.5.5 (for compatibility
reasons).

My upgrade path would look something like:

1. Run consistency check per NBU 7.0 Upgrade instructions.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/340464
2. Create hot catalog backup of original master.
3. Install NetBackup 6.5.5 on new master (NetBackup 6.5.3 for non-R2).
4. Restore hot catalog backup to new master. (Might want to run another
consistency check here.)
5. Upgrade new master to 7.0

That could take a while depending on your catalog size, but if anything
goes wrong along the way you can always go back to your original master.

-Jonathan