Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does BMR Backup support for Exchange Files?

2010-03-24 07:53:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does BMR Backup support for Exchange Files?
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:10:43 +0700
Dear all,

I want to make sure whether BMR backup will completely backup all the folders &
files that belong to Microsoft Exchange.
Especially for this folder: "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\", because when
I try to browse & restore the BMR backup image (from Backup, Archive, and
Restore GUI), I didn't see the *.edb files to be restored.
Since the *.edb files are critical, I need to back them up regularly, but it
seems that the BMR backup doesn't back them up.
Does it need the agent for Microsoft Exchange?

Thank you for helping.

--
Best Regards,
  Adrian Soetanto