Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] KMS Key Rotation

2010-03-10 21:20:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] KMS Key Rotation
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:20:16 +0800
Dear All,

Once you have setup the KMS and assuming you want to restore them. What is
the necessary info required to restore.

Pool Name ??
Key Name = ??
Key Tag ??
etc

Phase-1 and Phase-2 don't show this info.

From where we will get this info for the restore.

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :   (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :    (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             <judy_hinchcliffe
             @administaff.com>
             veritas-bu-bounce         <david AT stanaway DOT net>,

             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub         <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
             urn.edu                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/09/2010 11:24          Re: [Veritas-bu] KMS Key Rotation
             PM

I agree with David.  I just started with KMS and the only change I have
made so far is to depreciated the testing key I was using and put in my
first production key.  And I only did this after I did all the testing.
Expire tape, import tape. Expire tape, remove key, failed import. Recover
key, good import. Remove database, recover database. Remove database,
rebuild/recover database. Making sure pass phrase were secure and making
sure both my prod site and DR site could read each other’s tapes.

I am sure we will be changing keys, where I need to make sure I know the
start and retire date of a key/passphrase in case I come across an old
tape.