Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] KMS Key Rotation

2010-03-09 10:28:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] KMS Key Rotation
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <david AT stanaway DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:24:38 -0600

I agree with David.  I just started with KMS and the only change I have made so far is to depreciated the testing key I was using and put in my first production key.  And I only did this after I did all the testing. Expire tape, import tape. Expire tape, remove key, failed import. Recover key, good import. Remove database, recover database. Remove database, rebuild/recover database. Making sure pass phrase were secure and making sure both my prod site and DR site could read each other’s tapes.

I am sure we will be changing keys, where I need to make sure I know the start and retire date of a key/passphrase in case I come across an old tape.